Toshiki Okada Repertoire of Müenchner Kammerspiele “NŌ THEATER” in Kyoto
About the event
A part of the repertoire at MÜNCHNER KAMMERSPIELE, one of Germany’s most prestigious public theaters, comes to ROHM Theatre Kyoto!
Adopting the style of Noh, one of the oldest of Japan’s performing arts, Okada depicts the capitalist Japan of today.
To me, what’s significant is the fact that the style of Noh performance is extremely theatrical. That is far more important than the notion that Noh is so uniquely Japanese.
- Toshiki Okada
Text and Directed by Toshiki Okada (chelfitsch)
Music by Kazuhisa Uchihashi
July 6 Friday – 8 Sunday, 2018
ROHM Theatre Kyoto South Hall
Reserved Seats only
Adult 4,500 yen
Youth (25 and under) 3,500 yen
* Youth tickets are available at ROHM Theatre Kyoto Box Office.
* Proof of age is required for Youth tickets when entering.
* Tickets are not available for children preschool age and younger.
Tickets available from 10:00am April 14 Sat, 2018
Pre-order available for members* from April 7 Sat, 2018
* Friends member (online member), Club member (Kyoto Concert Hall / ROHM Theatre Kyoto Membership), Friends of Kyoto Symphony Orchestra
Tickets available at
▼ROHM Theatre Kyoto Online Service (pre-registration required)
▼ROHM Theatre Kyoto Box Office TEL.075-746-3201 (everyday 10:00-19:00) |
▼Kyoto Concert Hall Box Office TEL.075-711-3231 (10:00-17:00 / closed on 1st and 3rd
Mondays, and the following Tuesday in case 1st or 3rd Monday is a national holiday)
TEL. 0570-02-9999 (PCode 485-720] http://t.pia.jp/
TEL. 0570-084-005 [LCode 53320] http://l-tike.com/
TEL. 0570-000-407 (10:00-20:00)
Contact: ROHM Theatre Kyoto Box Office
South Hall, ROHM Theatre Kyoto
13 Okazaki Saishoji-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, Japan 606-8342
6 Fri 19:00 □
7 Sat 15:00 ◎□
8 Sun 15:00 ◎
◎ = Childcare Service Available (fee and reservation required) For more detail, please contact ROHM Theatre Kyoto Box Office.
□ = Post-performance talk
*Doors open 30 minutes prior
- Text and Directed
- Toshiki Okada (chelfitsch)
- Kazuhisa Uchihashi
- German translation
- Andreas Regelsberger
- Maja Beckmann, Anna Drexler, Thomas Hauser, Jelena Kuljić, Stefan Merki
- Stage Design
- Dominic Huber
- PERRET SCHAAD
- Andreas Rehfeld
- Tarun Kade
- Produced by
- MÜNCHNER KAMMERSPIELE Premiered at MÜNCHNER KAMMERSPIELE KAMMER 1 (SCHAUSPIELHAUS), Feb. 2017
- Supported by
- Ministry or Foreign Affairs of Federal Republic of Germany, Goethe-Institut
- Presented by
- ROHM Theatre Kyoto, Kyoto City